Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Abe Books

The life of a student is expensive. With a long check-list of things to pay out for before lectures even begin - rent, electric, heating, food, travel - there's little left in a student's budget for the endless lists of required reading. From my own experience as an English Literature student, these lists are particularly harsh on a student's dwindling bank balance, with many of my required books costing well over £20 in the shops, and only slightly less on Amazon.



Luckily for me, in my last and most expensive year at University, a good friend of mine recommended Abebooks.com and it's been a blissful relationship ever since. It's the same concept as Amazon - new and used books sold by various book sellers (me included)  - but a lot cheaper. I not only managed to pay for a whole reading list of books for under a tenner, but also without the ridiculously high delivery charges that Amazon sellers usually stump you with!

So here it is, my first recommendation - Abebooks.co.uk - the ultimate book website for any cash-strapped student.

No comments:

Post a Comment